Universal spiritual laws are important since they apply to both the spiritual and physical worlds. Thus, all spiritual beings, whether residing in Spirit or incarnated in a physical plane, must adhere to God's laws. God seems to appreciate an ordered universe.
Some quotes about universal spiritual laws ...
"You have to go forward: It's the only way. You have to go forward no matter what happens. This is the universal law." (Lauren Oliver)
"The god whom science recognizes must be a God of universal laws exclusely, a God who does a wholesale, not a retail business. He cannot accomodate his processes to the convenience of individuals." (William James)
"Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law." (Immanuel Kant)
"Now think about the Universal Law. It reflects to you exactly what you put out. If your thought-forms say, 'I haven't got a clue what I want,' the Universal Law is going to say, 'Listen, mate, if you haven't got a clue, neither have I.' " (Stuart Wilde)
THE 12 SPIRITUAL LAWS
There are a number of spiritual laws that are presented in spiritual literature including various websites. Understanding these laws can help you change your life. Two YouTube videos, "The 12 Universal Laws that Govern Our Lives" and "The 12 Universal Laws," collectively explain the major spiritual laws quite well. The first video explains the descriptions of the laws in narrative form. The second video explains the practical application in textual format with a musical background. We used the two videos to pull together the summary of spiritual laws presented below. A dozen major laws seems to be a manageable number.
Here are the "12 Laws":
1. THE LAW OF ONENESS – Everything is interconnected and therefore affects everything else. We all come from the same vast source of energy.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – You must learn to recognize the divinity that is within all things and respect it.
2. THE LAW OF VIBRATION - Everything in the universe (in both physical and non-physical realms) moves, vibrates and travels in circular patterns. Every word, thought, and feeling has its own vibrational frequency and is powerful. Thus all things are made of energy.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – You must align your energy with what you want to attract.
3. THE LAW OF ACTION – This law must be applied in order for us to manifest things on Earth. We must engage in actions that support our thoughts, dreams, emotions and words.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – You must facilitate the other laws with inspired action. If you are struggling to reach your goals, it means you are not aligned with them properly, or that they are not the right goals for you. Hard work, when it is something you are passionate about, should be challenging, but it should also come easy.
4. THE LAW OF CORRESPONDENCE – "As above, so below. As within, so with out." The laws in the physical world (energy, light and vibration) have their own equivalents in the spiritual realms. Our outer world reflects our inner world. We are destined to experience what we think about and our world reflects this to us every day.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – If you seek inner peace and clarity, you will find that your daily life and routines flow more easily and harmoniously. You are therefore better able to cope with life's little upheavals and carry on.
5. THE LAW OF CAUSE & EFFECT – "We reap what we have sown." Nothing happens by chance or outside the universal laws. Every action has a reaction. This is also called The Law of Karma. See our Karma webpage here for additional perspective.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – You get out of life what you put into it. If you are negative and hurtful towards yourself and others, you will have consequences to deal with. If you are positive and helpful towards others, your energy and actions will return to you in the form of rewards.
6. THE LAW OF COMPENSATION – "As I give, I receive." This means that you get back what you give to others. The law of cause and affect applied to blessings and abundance that are provided to us. The visible effects of our deeds are given to us in gifts, money, inheritances, friendships and blessings.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – Provide for those who are in need by giving of yourself. Be generous and share abundance in its many forms with others – and abundance and prosperity will return to you.
7. THE LAW OF ATTRACTION – This law demonstrates how we create the things, people and events that come into your lives. Your thoughts, feelings, words, and actions produce energies that attract like energies. Positive energies attract positive energies. Negative energies attract negative energies.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – If you are passionate and driven in positive ways, you will put forth powerful energy and actions that will return to you in the form of rewards. But if you are negative and hurtful towards yourself and others, this returns to you as well in the form of consequences. So, it is important to focus on manifesting positive energy through the use of the various laws of the universe. This goes beyond merely wishing/hoping/visualizing as some teach. See Teal Swan's video on The Law of Attraction below.
8. THE LAW OF PERSONAL TRANSMUTATION OF ENERGY – Energy is in constant motion and all energy eventually manifests in physical form. A powerful law that means that all persons have within them the power to change the conditions of their lives.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – You can literally change your life in any moment, using the Universal Laws. You are never stuck. Higher vibrational energies consume lower energies, so if you don't like the path you are on – change it, or more importantly "allow" it to be changed. Embrace change but avoid the ego's need to control.
9. THE LAW OF RELATIVITY – "It is what it is." Energy is always manifesting – period. Each person will receive a series of problems, tests of initiation for the purpose of strengthening the light within. We will all face challenges in life. The key is to be grateful because the situation could always be worse. All is relative.
PERSONAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – Every soul will face some challenges; it's what you do with those challenges that define you and determine what you become.
10. THE LAW OF POLARITY – The law of mental vibrations. Everything is on a continuum and has an opposite. We can suppress and transform undesireable thoughts by concentrating on the opposite pole. Without one, the other would not exist.
PERSONAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – We use polarity to determine our focus. Thoughts and ideas not working for your highest good can be removed by consciously directing your attention to their opposite. If you are feeling sad, watch a funny movie. If you are angry, focus on what you can do to manifest the opposite result.
11. THE LAW OF RHYTHM – "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Everything vibrates and moves to certain rhythms. These rhythms establish seasons, cycles, stages of development and patterns. Each cycle reflects the regularity of God's universe. Nothing stays the same and everything is in a state of becoming.
PERSONAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – Learn to harmonize with the higher vibrational energies that you seek to attract. Meditate to connect your energy to the source and thereby maintain higher frequencies and that sense of connection throughout the day.
12. THE LAW OF GENDER – Everything has its masculine (yang) and feminine (yin) principles which are the basis of all creation. These must be balanced by each of us to become a true creator with God.
PERSONAL APPLICATION FOR YOU – All things require space, time and nurturing to grow. When you plant a seed (masculine) it requires time to grow and manifest (feminine). Have patience and persistence – don't give up before you reach your goals.
Below is an interesting video from Teal Swan about The Law of Attraction.